Sleep Apnea Remedies
Sufferers around the globe will be happy to hear that there are sleep apnea remedies that will enable you to regain control over your life. And, it is thanks to these sleep apnea remedies that you will never have to lose another night’s sleep.
- One of the first sleep apnea remedies to try would include simple steps that you can take, on your own, to help treat the disorder.
- If you sleep on your back regularly, stop now. Try sleeping on your side instead. This may help to prevent your airways from being blocked, which is what tends to happen when apnea sufferers sleep on their back.
- If you suffer from allergies, rid your home of any/all allergens, including pet hair, cigarette smoke and dust. Regular cleaning and the use of air filtration units in each room will go a long way in helping you to breathe cleaner air.
- Obesity is a major concern that often leads to sleep apnea. Therefore, one of the best sleep apnea remedies is to simply begin a healthy, well-balanced program consisting of diet and exercise. If you are overweight, or have recently been diagnosed with obesity, losing weight will help to curb sleep apnea as well as possibly prevent other health problems in the future.
- While you are altering your lifestyle, it is time to give up alcohol and cigarettes if either of these are present because both may lead to sleep apnea.
- After all natural sleep apnea remedies have been exhausted, a physician may recommend the use of a Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) device. This machine provides the apnea sufferer with a continual amount of pressurized air, which will prevent the muscles and tissue in the throat from collapsing during sleep. With sleep apnea, the sufferer actually stops breathing through the night due to this collapse, which is why the use of this machine is often a very vital treatment among the sleep apnea remedies.
- The Sleep Genie, which is a doctor approved anti-snoring device, comfortably supports the jaw while helping to keep the mouth closed during sleep. While not intended to cure sleep apnea, the Sleep Genie often helps users to have a better quality sleep. Users of the CPAP machine need to sleep with their mouth closed in order to prevent the benefits of the machine from escaping through the night. Some users of the CPAP machine have found a good companion in the Sleep Genie, which will secure their closed mouth during the night.
This article is intended for informational purposes only. It should not be used as, or in place of, professional medical advice. Before beginning any treatment for snoring, please consult a doctor for a proper diagnosis and remedy.